Pardon? Sorry? Can you speak up a bit?
Are you tired of not being heard clearly even if you're using a microphone? Or perhaps you feel your voice is too breathy or muffled?
Do you feel out of breath when you sing or speak?
Do you want to develop a stronger, clearer tone and more personal style?
One of the most common misconceptions about singing (or speaking!) is that you need to use a lot of air. After all, whenever we struggle with our voices, we typically blame our "lack of breath support" as the root cause of our singing woes.
One of the biggest lessons I learnt in my own vocal training journey is that effective breath support isn't about HOW MUCH air you use -- it's about the WAY in which you use it.
In this week's Singing Sessions episode, you'll learn:
- What the vocal fry exercise is and how it's useful for you as a singer or a speaker
- How you can use LESS air to create a stronger and clearer vocal tone (so that you don't ever have to feel like you're running out of breath)
- How you can use the vocal fry to develop a 'grittier' sound quality
- Examples of singers whose voices clearly demonstrate this grittier sound quality
- Best practices and tips on how to practice this exercise safely and effectively, as well as how to apply it to your songs of choice
I hope you enjoy this week's episode and if you haven't already, do join our mailing list by clicking the link at the bottom of this page so that you can keep up to date with our weekly vocal tips!
And of course, in return for opting in to our mailing list, you'll get access to our free vocal exercises private page where you can brush up on your singing skills anytime, anywhere!
With much love, joy & music,
Free Vocal Exercises for the Modern Singer
Want a set of basic vocal exercises that you can practice anywhere, anytime? Available in both the female & male key!